Register Now PRICE: $79.99
Part 2 of the course TX of Feeding/Speech/Mouth Function: Pediatrics provides participants with information about the hand-mouth connection beginning at birth; teething; treatment of long-term pacifier use, other detrimental oral habits, and drooling, as well as the use of specific, appropriate tools to encourage grading, dissociation, and direction of oral and respiratory movement. Participants will be guided through the practice of general oral massage techniques used with children exhibiting oral defensiveness, oral awareness concerns, tonic bite, hyperresponsive gag, etc.
Upon completion of Part 2, participants will:
- Identify the importance of the hand-mouth connection in early mouthing experiences and throughout life.
- Identify ways to treat long-term pacifier use, thumb sucking, excessive mouthing, and tooth grinding.
- Identify typical teething and ways to resolve atypical drooling.
- Practice general oral massage techniques for appropriate populations (e.g., children with oral defensiveness, oral awareness problems, tonic bite, hyperresponsive gag, etc.).
- Identify the appropriate use of specific and appropriate tools for jaw, lip, tongue, and respiratory grading, dissociation, and direction of movement.
Duration: 3 hours 15 minutes
CE Credit: .325 ASHA/AOTA CEUs
1:30 Hand-Mouth Connection/Early Mouthing Experiences - (30 minutes)
2:00 Pacifier Use/Thumb Sucking/Excessive Mouthing/Tooth Grinding - (30 minutes
2:30 Teething/Resolving Drooling - (30 minutes)
3:15 Group Experience: Oral Massage/Facilitation - (45 minutes)
4:00 Jaw/Lip/Tongue: Grading/Dissociation/Direction of Movement (30 minutes)
4:30 Horns/Bubbles/Other Respiratory Work - (30 minutes)
5:00 End of Session/Sign-Out
Part 2 Total Hours: 3 hours, 15 minutes
Financial: Diane Bahr is the author of two books (listed above) for which she receives royalty payments and the co-owner of Ages and Stages®, LLC for which she is paid.
Nonfinancial: Diane Bahr is a volunteer board member for the Oral Motor Institute Study Group and a volunteer advisor for Future Horizons, Inc.